August 1 marks National Peach Month and we’re challenging you to savor the moment! Take some time to sit down and enjoy a delectable peach or one of our Peach Tart Desserts as you review these 5 fruity facts about peaches!
- In China the peach is a symbol of longevity and good luck - Factmonster.com
- “You’re a real peach” originated from the tradition of giving a peach to the friend you liked – Factmonster.com
- In Gaffney, South Carolina there is a 7 TON peach shaped water tower – Funwithyourfood.com
- You can ripen peaches by placing them in a brown paper bag for two to three days; sliced, fresh peaches should be tossed in lemon or lime juice to prevent browning – Fillyourplate.wordpress.com
- The juice from peaches makes a wonderful moisturizer, and it can be found in many brands of cosmetics – Fillyourplate.wordpress.com